Aren’t Demons just so much fun? This one is not only a 4/4 Flying for 4 mana but it also gives optional exile for extra value. It’s definitely a lot more synergy than value but I wanted to give at least one infinite combo with it.
We’re going to go with the a nice infinite mana combo using Ashnod’s Altar and Eternal Scourge. Congratulations to whoever can see how this works but we’re going to go over it anyways.
- Nightmare Shepherd, Ashnod’s Altar, and Eternal Scourge on the battlefield.
- Sacrifice Eternal Scourge to Ashnod’s Altar for 2 mana.
- Trigger Nightmare Shepherd and exile Eternal Scourge to create a 1/1 Nightmare creature token of Eternal Scourge.
- Sacrifice the token to Ashnod’s Altar for 2 mana.
- Cast Eternal Scourge from exile.
- Repeat, net 1 mana each time for infinite colourless mana, enter the battlefield triggers, and die triggers.
Easy enough, right? If you’re running Eternal Scourge you may be running a Food Chain combo anyhow so a backup is always good. How would you spend the infinite colourless mana? If infinite colourless mana isn’t good enough, then how would you use Nightmare Shepherd? Theros: Beyond Death spoilers may be over but the card combos are just beginning. Now I did say it’s more synergy than combos so let’s just name some quick options for each colour that would be great to bring back as a Nightmare token.
- White: Sun Titan, Recruiter of the Guard, Loyal Retainer, Avacyn, Angel of Hope
- Blue: Palinchron, Deadeye Navigator, Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, Laboratory Maniac, Snapcaster Mage
- Black: Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Kokusho, the Evening Star, Massacre Wurm, Noxious Gearhulk, Mindslicer
- Red: Keldon Firebombers, Avalanche Rider, Inferno Titan, Magus of the Moon, Neheb, the Eternal
- Green: Eternal Witness, Woodland Bellower, Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof Behemoth, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Multicolour: Queen Marchesa, Ghave, Guru of Spores, Reyhan, Last of the Abzan, Dragonlord Silumgar, Kroxa, Titan of Death’s Hunger
- Colourless: Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger, Myr Battlesphere, Duplicant, Solemn Simulacrum
Those were just the ones I think of, and it can get even crazier with Doubling Season effects. What would you use Nightmare Shepherd with? Let me know!
Connect with people that eat, sleep and dream commander
You've been invited to join
There are no comments, be the first.
We would love to hear your thoughts, suggestions and questions.